I have a quirky sense of humour and love the extraordinary. I also love arts, crafts, cooking, sewing & photography.
I met my husband, Scott, through Security / Police work and we have been very happily married since 2001, living first in Avalon and then Bemboka. We moved to the Far South Coast area in June 2007 and love the friendliness of country and village life. We have a family of Ragdoll cats. We have recently taken on a renovation project that will keep us going for the next 20 years.
I performed my first wedding in 1988, as a State Officer in NSW Attorney General's Department in Local Courts. I worked at NSW Births Deaths & Mariages as Marriage Receptionist, checking all the forms etc for the legal requirements, witnessing documents, etc and also in the Late Registrations section, following up and finding missing registrations and gathering sufficient evidence to send to Commonwealth Attorney General for a ruling on validity of a missing marriage.
Appointments & Achievements
- Member of AFCC and FCAA
- NSW Justice of the Peace since March 1983
- Local Registrar 1988-1989
- Authorised Marriage Celebrant, Commonwealth Attorney General's Dept since June 2009
- Religious Marriage Celebrant since December 2017
- Attorney General’s Annual Award for Excellence in Customer Service, 2005; as part of a small team for a project within the Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages.
- Diploma of Policing Practice, Charles Sturt University, Goulburn Police Academy
- Statement of Attainment - Plan Conduct and Review a Marriage Ceremony - Academy of Celebrancy
- Certificate of Life Celebrations - Civil Celebrancy - Academy of Celebrancy
- Statement of Attainment - Perform General Funeral Celebrancy - Academy of Celebrancy
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management - South East Training Service
- First Aid Certifications with Red Cross, St John's and Parasol.
- Mental Health First Aid
- Dealing with Grief and Trauma
- Dealing with Vulnerable People
- Over 15 years with NSW Attorney General's Dept, since 1982, including 4 years at Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages; and Local Registrar & Local Coroner appointments held 1988-1989
- NSW Constable of Police, 1999-2002
- Security Officer, 1994-1999; 2016 -?